Sunday, January 10, 2010

2010

Its been a little while since my last update, but nothing has really happened.

New years is not really celebrated here or Christmas...and I had no "Holiday Break" that was in September/October for the Jewish High Holidays. I did want to celebrate the coming of the New Year though and I had Friday off, so I decided to go to Tel Aviv. I'm really glad I went and I had a really good time, checking out the local scene. I've only ever gone out in Tel Aviv with groups, so it was different than I had experienced before. On Saturday, I was very tired from all the festivities the night before and passed out on the very nice warm beach and got a very nice sunburn...it was pretty red, but didn't hurt, its a nice tan now... speaking of which, Israel is going though a Winter Heat wave this past few weeks...I was very cold for about a month, but now it is quite warm. I'm not complaining, I could be in Colorado freezing my tukas off.

I have some good news too! I only have 17 days left of the Ulpan...but who is counting??? Not ME?!?!

and I know where I'll be moving when the program is complete. The Ulpan is finished with the final exam January 28th and I'll be moving my life to Kibbutz Shefayim קיבוץ שפיים. Here is a google map link to see where it is located. Click Here. Its right on the beach and just north of Tel Aviv. I have some pics, but my internet is very slow tonight. I looked at an apartment a few weeks ago and I love it. I have to have a roommate for awhile, but as soon as a single opens up, I will be able to have my own room. The apartments are all for Lone Soldiers in the Israeli Army. I think my roommate is going to be a nice France Guy that is currently in the Army. The best part of living on Shefayim is that my really good friend and roommate from Camp, Idan, has lived there his whole life and is still there with his amazing girlfriend. I am really glad I get to live on his Kibbutz and his family there is so nice and welcoming. I will be living there for all my Army service so this is going to be a great place to settle down, plus when I'm in the army, they will pay for everything and I'll have a place, food, and laundry all for free!

Well, I need to start some studying. I have the oral exam on Tuesday! Wish me Luck...well it doesn't really matter how I score, not college or anything... (Sara, I am typing a story all in Hebrew so I'll send it to you or post it here.)

I hope you all in the rest of the world are not too cold.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're feeling better, Tzvi. Glad your Ulpan is almost over :)

    ReplyDelete