Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 5 Hamash

An almost perfect day...

After a lovely weekend, at the beautiful Yael's house in Rishon. I had to leave and head for the Holy town of Jerusalem, or as Rivka would call it, J-Town. *When I was at military school, J-Town was Jarzas, Mexico...

Well the hardest part of my day was getting to my bus from the Central Bus Station in J-Town to Nefesh B'Nefesh. But after about 30min trying to find where the bus picks me up. Well I crossed the road about 5 times then decided that I was on the right side. Well I was right and it took me to the right spot. I didn't say a word from the time I left Rishon until I got to Nefesh B'Nefesh (NBN), I was just thinking about what I would say if someone talked to me...but no one talked to me. I got to NBN and it was crazy, people trying to get the Olim to signup for their service...ie. Cell phone, Bank, Health Care, Newspaper, ... I went staight to the line to get my Teudat Zahut...the Citizen ID card. I got called in, they gave me my gant$$, ID Card, Official name change certificate, a Oleh discount card and told me that I was all ready to go.

Yes, I went then to get my bank account, checked out a few...decided that Lumni was the best and they gave me good discouts. I then checked out three cell phone companies, Orange gave me best deal, so now I have a cell phone. *Check out it on fb or ask. I got a bunch of food and headed out to meet Or in Tel Aviv to check a train back to his house. So yea, that was my day. All and all tov besader.

On Tuesday I move to my Kibbutz, Ramat Yochanan. Its just near Haifa...some more exciting trips on public transportation. I wonder what my roommates are going to be like...well I have had a lot of roommates...but the most exciting thing I am looking forward to is not having to figure out what I want to eat or when I want to eat. I have realized that I haven't really had to make all these decisions...btw. I have had some very good meals in Israel already. I love it.

Talk to you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment